How to help a child adapt to school after the vacations. Advice from a psychologist
For a child to quickly and easily get into the learning process http://argoprep.com/worksheet-generator/ after a long summer vacation, he needs to undergo psychological adaptation. In this, he can be helped by the people closest to him, who will simply carry out a few simple conditions.
How to help your child in adapting to school after the vacations.
– After school, do not immediately sit your child down to do homework, let him relax and play for a while.
– Take an interest in school activities and his classmates. Do not be indifferent to the school life of your child. This is especially important during the coronavirus pandemic, when there is no opportunity to gather in children’s companies and visit entertainment centers.
– At the beginning of the school year, do not burden your child with participation in many sections and clubs and list of kindergarten words.
– Limit the number of household chores. After all, the child needs to do a lot of schoolwork.
– Teach your child to prepare clothes and bags for school in the evening. So he won’t forget anything, won’t be late and calmly go to class.
– Try to control the performance of homework, at least at first.
– It is worth to limit the time for entertainment on the Internet and watching TV. After all, all of this takes a lot of time and energy.
– Do not forget about the importance of a night’s rest. A teenager’s sleep should last at least 8-9 hours, and a junior high school student’s should last 10-11 hours. It should be remembered that not getting enough sleep is always detrimental to the health and academic performance of children.
– It is necessary to maintain contact with the class teacher or teachers. So you learn about possible school problems and quickly solve them. After all, they interfere with successful learning.
– Maintain a proper diet. A good diet will help to replenish the energy expended at school. Remember that its deficiency leads to a lowered immunity. And this is unacceptable during coronavirus.
– Do not forget about the daily routine. The correct daily routine, drawn up with the child, should include time to study and rest, sports in sections and clubs.
Following all these tips, will help your child quickly and efficiently adapt to school and fully fit into the learning process.